Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

How to Find Me

Today I got an e-mail from two friends of mine. We used to do ministry together in a large country that I can't mention right now, and we haven't seen each other for three years.

Their names are Chin Leng and Lisa.

I love these guys. In addition to being unfailingly nice, they are also godly, enjoyable people to be around. And, Chin Leng is very good at ping pong. I knew they had moved home to Singapore around the same time that we moved home to the USA from living overseas, but I wasn't sure where they were anymore. I had even asked a friend who worked in Singapore just last week if he knew them (he didn't).

BUT, here's the cool thing: Chin Leng and Lisa are coming to CM07! Which means I will get to see them in Korea! I am really excited about this.

It brings up this problem, though. How will I find them among the THOUSANDS of people at the Bexco Arena? In fact, multiple people have said they will see me in Korea. But how will I find them? I'm just not sure.

So I've come up with some possible solutions to help you find me.

1) I will bring a pet hawk. This way, if you are looking for me, you can ask people, "Have you seen Matt Mikalatos?" "I don't know who that is," they will say. "The guy with the hawk." "Oh yeah, there he is on the other side of the arena." Every once a while I can make the hawk fly up into the air and circle around and then come back to me so you can see where I am sitting.






2) Wear distinctive clothing. If you have an outfit that no one else has, bring it along. Just remember that if it is really large and bulky, you might not have room to pack it. Like if you are bringing an outfit that makes you look like a giant piece of cheese.

3) Hire a ninja. Not only are ninja trained to quickly scan a crowd, they can do it quietly so that they don't disturb anyone who is paying attention to the conference. Of course, if you're like me you probably don't have the money to hire a ninja. But maybe the conference will make some complimentary ninja available for all of us to share.

That's all I've come up with so far. I'm sure you all have some better ideas. Feel free to share them here in the comments section. In the meantime, I'll be the guy in the cheese suit with the pet hawk, sitting next to the ninja.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?