Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Thoughts from Cindy Kahre

My friend Cindy Kahre sent some of us this email earlier in the week, and I asked her permission to share it with all of you. It's an amazing vision of CM07, and an incredible story of what the Lord has been doing around the world in days past:

Dear Friends,

Last saturday during the discussion about CM 2007 my mind instantly raced to a time in 2002 when God gave me a picture that I can't forget. It was a "changed me" moment.

In l980 my husband Dave and I were both students on a summer project in Poland. This was only the 2nd year that summer projects existed in Poland and the very early days in all of Eastern Europe. We traveled as tourists and couldn't even acknowledge other teams if we crossed paths with them. That was the year that one of our teams went to the post office to pick up the Jesus Film only to be apprehended by the police and thrown out of the country. We hid up in the mountains and trained the underground church in basic biblical principles - How to understand God's love and forgiveness, How to be sure you are a Christian, How to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, etc. My small group included 2 nuns. Imagine me, this young, unseasoned little college student training nuns! I was over my head but God showed up and enabled me to do it anyway.

Fast forward 22 years later. Dave and I were married and on staff in Hungary. That year EE/Russia had their AOA staff training at Lake Balaton, Hungary. There I stood in a huge room with over a thousand CCC staff. This was the very first year that the national staff outnumbered the americans. Did I hear that right? The national staff OUTNUMBERED the americans for the very first time. There we all were - worshipping along side each other - each in our own languages - and the sound was incredible - like nothing I can even attempt to explain. A combination of Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Ukranian, Russian, Albanian, Czek, Moldovan, Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian, and the list goes on.................. My overwhelming thought was - Oh my goodness, a few years ago none of this existed. We were hiding up in the mountains secretly helping to build up the underground church and look at what God has done!!!!!!!! This must be the closest thing I will ever see of what heaven will be like - every tribe and tongue worshipping the living God along side each other. What a priveledge to be here and see what God is doing and a picture of what will come!!!!!

I can't describe what happened to me in that moment. It was like God chose to give me a tiny glimpse into a world that exists beyond this world. The picture was powerful - too much for words.

Somehow I think that this is what our students will experience at CM2007. In the midst of all the logistics that can feel overwhelming I believe that God will powerfully show Himself and deeply change and challenge this generation of students. Will we ever fully comprehend the far reaching effects of CM2007? - Only in heaven...........

Bye for now, Cindy

Comments:
Thanks for the inspiring stories and humorous updates Matt!!! d-100 days is approaching in 4 days! Oh... btw, your blog is now featured under the media section of cm2007.net!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?